In 2017 my resolution was that if I purchased a game or added a key to my library that I would play the game and review it. I’m trying to cut down on my Steam purchases that never get played; I’m not a game collector at the end of the day, I’m a gamer. Problem is, there’s a finite amount of free time in the world (who knew?!) and most of my Steam collection remains unplayed, despite the very best of intentions.
So, if I buy a game in 2017 it’s going on this list and I’m going to do my very best to actually play it and of course, review it.
Since I started this website I’ve also started getting quite a few free developer keys. I’d like to balance out my reviews between new games I purchase, working through my backlog of games I’ve bought and fitting in some reviews of games provided with keys. Here are my lists, in no particular order.
Games I’ve purchased or played that are on my 2017 review backlog:
- Silence of the Sleep
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
- The Walking Dead: Michonne
- Craft the World
- Conan Exiles (EA, needs more patches)
- Northgard (EA, needs more patches)
- The Long Dark (complete rewrite of 2014 review now it’s out of EA)
- Legends of Ellaria (EA, Kickstarted, needs more patches)
- Planescape Torment (completed this in 2000 – need to replay and review!)
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced edition (completed this in 2000 – need to replay and review!)
- Shardbound (free to play)
- Gardenscapes (free to play – mobile)
- Fable Fortune
- Evoland 2
- This is the Police
- The Turing Test
Developer keys: (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contact me about a key).
- Offensive Combat: Redux (Beta)
- Dragon’s Dungeon
- ICY: Frostbite Edition
- Community Inc
- Terroir (Early Access)
- Solstice Chronicles: M.I.A
- The Initiate
- Logitech Proteus Mouse (Tech)
- Get back into the swing of reviewing books – but only one at a time, no massive backlogs! (Books)
- Working on my parenting blog (where I now post all travel posts).